Lovely gold tone and faux pearl choker from the 1980’s.
Signed Napier. 16 inches long.
- The E. A. Bliss Co. moved to Meriden, CT in 1890— See Bliss listing.
- The E. A. Bliss Co. became The Napier-Bliss Co. — July 27, 1920.
- Name changed to The Napier Co. — May 31, 1922.
- The company was closed 10/15/99 by its parent company Victoria & Co.
- The Napier brand is still used by an investment firm. Formerly purchase by Jones New York, but the jewelry is not the same quality as pre-1999.
- Unmarked jewelry on Napier cards is still being sold in department stores.
- Information from Rainwater, Dolan and Keystone Jewelry, Melinda Lewis: Author of The Napier Co.: Defining 20th Century American Costume Jewelry.